- What influences our ability to forecast and how?
- Are there examples in ecology where a forecast could influence the thing being
Forecasting, planning, and goals
- What kinds of time-scales of forecasts do we want/need in ecology?
- How might these different “forecasting horizons” influence our approaches to
Determining what to forecast
- How should we think about what to forecast in ecology?
Forecasting data and methods
- What are the differences between explanatory and time-series models for
- When might these different approaches be most appropriate in ecology?
- How do the case studies relate to ecological patterns or questions?
- How complicated are the case studies compared to ecological problems?
- How do the “basic steps” of forecasting related to ecological forecasting?